U R OK - I M NOT ?
Some famous celebrity has said - "I rant, therefore I am." Let us think over....
I would start from Eric Berne, who developed the theories of Transactional Analysis;
But it does not work. I am OK - You are Ok sounds like lolli-pop goody goody mantra. But it does not work in practice. No theory , no matter how great it is, works in real day to day life where you encounter sentient , intelligent, unpredictable individuals.
For the world, I don't exist until I affect them and help or hinder them in their selfish pursuits. For me the world does not exists till it comes in my way either in a co-operative mode or in a hostile mode.
I love the world at large only to the extent that it helps me in the way of my happiness. I hate the world to the extent that it comes in the way of fulfilment of my desires. But I like to be liked and appreciated. I like to think I M OK but U R not OK.
Am I good? Is everybody like me only? Am I selfish self-centred? That makes me rant ad-nausium. And people start disliking me for it. Ranting ...
This thought makes me conclude that perhaps U R OK - I M NOT is the secret attitude of people while they project a facade of I M OK - U R NOT.
That is why I rant

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home